Job Opportunities at Elizabeth Freeman Center!
Elizabeth Freeman Center offers hope, help, and healing to all experiencing or affected by domestic and sexual violence through free, accessible, and confidential services in Berkshire County.
(available shifts: SAT EVE, SUN EVE, OVERNIGHT SUN)
- Help to create a safe, welcoming, and well-maintained environment for all guests in shelter
- Utilize best practice models to provide individual support services that include:
- answering 24-hour hotline during shift, including responding to crisis calls, assessing for safety, offering support, and providing referrals
- providing a visible presence for guests in residence at all times
- engaging with the shelter guests and being available to support guests in the kitchen and other common areas of the house
- crisis counseling
- individual counseling and advocacy
- connecting participants with community resources as needed
- proper timely documentation and file reviews
- caring for office and vestibule (sweep, mop, empty trash)
- preparing shelter for the day
- entering SafeLink documentation at 6am
- Participate in regular supervision and trainings, and – as possible – staff meetings
- Participate in continuing professional development tasks
- Maintain appropriate and professional boundaries with shelter guests, use good judgment, and adhere to strict guidelines and protocols to ensure client confidentiality and security
- Complete all other duties to ensure that shelter guests are provided with professional, empathetic, affirming services within the context of the agency’s mission and consistent with grant requirements
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate good listening and empathetic skills
- Personal and/or work experience in domestic violence, sexual violence, or trauma
- Strong written and spoken communication, and proficient computer skills
- Ability to keep excellent records and fulfill all reporting requirements
- Ability to multitask and work well as part of a team
- Flexibility in working hours and the willingness to work holidays as they coincide with regular shifts
- Commitment to social justice and anti-oppression work, and respect for cultural diversity
- Commitment to a positive, nonjudgmental and “reduced rules” shelter philosophy (see How the Earth Didn’t Fly into the Sun for more information)
- Bilingual skills preferred (English and Spanish/other)
- High School Diploma, and/or Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services/related field, and/or relevant work or life experience
- Ability to climb and descend stairs and lift/carry up to 25 pounds
- Must successfully pass Criminal Record Check-CORI and have valid Massachusetts driver’s license, safe driving record, and reliable transportation
Available shifts: Saturday evening (4pm-12mid), Sunday evening (4pm-12mid), overnight Sunday (12mid-8am). Plus relief shifts as available.
Compensation and benefits:
This position offers: competitive salary, engaged and dedicated colleagues, training and education in best practices, career development opportunities, openness to innovation, and the opportunity and resources to do meaningful, impactful work. This is not a benefited position.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline is rolling until position has been filled.
Elizabeth Freeman Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Survivors of domestic or sexual violence, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community especially encouraged to apply.